Part-time Member Services Associate
Baker County and Yates Family YMCAsResponsibilities:
Delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the branch and on the phone, contributing to member retention
- Interviews and/or tours prospective members; sells memberships
- Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and to the YMCA
- Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues
- Applies all YMCA policies dealing with member services
- May hand out locker keys and towels; may monitor the locker rooms as required
NOTE: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.Requirements:
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
- Values: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values
- Community: Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs
- Inclusion: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions
- Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others
- Communication: Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively
- Decision-Making: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds
- Previous customer service, sales or related experience
- Basic knowledge of computers
Must be available to work weekends (10:00am - 5:00pm) & close on Thursdays (2:00pm-10:00pm).
Weekdays will vary depending on availability.
$8.60 - $12.00 / hour DOE
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference "Member Services Associate" and the Y location you are applying for in the subject line of your email.